Work with us
Sour House is a small, friendly team with high standards. We work hard to create the highest quality food that we can, and to keep our customers happy. We are always on the look-out for talented, enthusiastic people to join us. An interest in food and fermentation, as well as the desire to learn, are a must. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you! Drop us a line at email@example.com
Responsibilities and Duties
Sales and Production
- Making sure the production team has all the numbers to carry out production. We receive orders form multiple channels and all these should be complied in an excel sheet and create production numbers for next day
- All the received orders should be fulfilled by 8 pm though our in house delivery person or through other partners. If there are any issues with the order or delivery then customers should be informed in advance to avoid any inconvenience.
- Our sales is mainly through online orders, B2B sales, Walkin sales and Swiggy & Zomato. Operations manager should ensure that all these channels are working smoothly
- Keeping an eye on the quality of the products and making sure that we are consistent
- All our staff especially the cafe staff should be trained well on a regular basis on how to interact with customers.
- Building customer trust and ensuring repeated visits. Amicably resolving customer escalations
- Resources management (maintaining leave etc) and conducting regular performance evaluations
- Identifying ways to improve staff morale
- Should establish links with hiring agencies or consultants who can help with staffing
Purchase and Inventory
- Keeping track of stock and wastage and should be able to implement necessary tools to reduce waste
- Identifying vendors and getting best price for purchases
- Making sure the space is clean, and everything is in proper working condition
- Doing maintenance work as and when needed (pest control), electricity, water etc
The above are must have qualifications for the role and below are some skills that can add more value to the role
Baking - Experience baking sourdough, and pastries
Kitchen skills - Kitchen expreince and skills to create new menu items
Cafe skills - Proven barista skills, making sandwiches etc
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 3-year experience working in a cafe or a bakery or a kitchen (MUST HAVE)
- Experience managing and training a team (MUST HAVE)
- Should be comfortable using laptop, creating reports in excel etc (MUST HAVE)
- Creating invoices, challahs, reviewing accounts
Compensation: 30000 to 50000 per month. This is dependant on the qualification.
Sour House is a bakery/cafe located in Koramangala Bengaluru, focused on manufacturing high-quality bread, pastries, fermented drinks & dips and more. We are currently looking for an experienced baker who can help us manage our day to day production, orders, stocks and fulfil other responsibilities that may arise on a day to day basis. Desired candidates should have at least 3 -years of experience working in a bakery or a similar setup with hands-on experience preparing sourdough breads, breakfast pastries and other related products.